Saturday, December 16, 2017

Nature Sings for CAS Watercolour

Hello dear friends.

I hope you are enjoying the holiday festivities.

It's almost time for the big day!

Here's another card to celebrate the holidays.


This cardinal was in my UFO Box all watercolored and ready to go except
that there was a bad smear above the branch.  Ach!!!

I cut the offending part off with my paper cutter and around the other sides,
leaving the tail portion to fussy cut.

Saved!  I could add more shading to the cardinal but I think
it's best to cut my losses and go with this.

He has hopefully flown to his chosen destination by now.

The CAS Watercolour Challenge this month is

and there's still time to enter.

The Design Team and our Guest Designer, Hideko (Papercraft Boutique)
have some beautiful samples to inspire you.

Check them out, then I hope you'll join us.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Beauty of the Season (ret. SU), Season's Wishes (PB)
Ink:   Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers
Paper:   Watercolor (Strathmore 140 lb. cold press),Naturals Ivory, Basic Black (SU)
Other:  Paper Cutter, Scissors


16 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Your red cardinal is stunning, Bonnie. I love your CAS Christmas design and how fun to use another piece from your UFO box:-) TFS and Happy Holidays my friend. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Great save and what a stunning cardinal x Love how you've fussy cut the tail and the branch x

Christine Alexander said...

fantastic save, it would have been a pity not to use something as gorgeous as this. I love the cardinal tail and branch off the edge of your frame. Wonderful layout :)

Ina G said...

He's beautiful Bonnie. Love seeing a cardinal card as we don't have them here. So nice with the black background.

JosieD said...

Creative save, Bonnie---looks like it was meant to be. I like it paired with the sentiment.

Susan said...

I'm glad you saved this - it's so beautifully coloured. I like the way you fussy cut the tail and branch "out of the box" - I must remember to do that sometimes.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a great save, Bonnie! I think this (Cardinal's tail and the tip of the branch being out of the frame) looks more interesting. Love the combination (red, black, brown, natural ivory)- somehow this beauty reminds me of Japanese paintings. Hideko xx

Loll said...

The red cardinal is so pretty, Bonnie. Great save with this card!! Love the outside the box fussy-cutting. You have the most beautiful images in your UFO box!! :) xx

Nstiz said...

You did a spectacular job coloring this and the out of the box technique looks awesome on this one! Love the font of that sentiment too! Beautifully designed!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful cardinal - cut out of the box! A lovely image for your Christmas card Bonnie! Julia xx

Pat said...

What a great idea to cut the offending mark out by fussy cutting out the Cardinal's tail and the branch of the tree Bonnie. I love the pretty bright red for the bird and the little berries go beautifully too, and adore that sentiment. x

Marcia Hill said...

What a great "save" Bonnie and I love how the tail is off the edge of the panel! You always do such beautiful bird cards and this one is no exception...that Cardinal is so lovely! STUNNING card my friend! :0)

kiwimeskreations said...

Now that is a classic 'think outside of the box' save Bonnie - love it
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautifully done card Bonnie...always love seeing the bright red cardinals on cards, so festive
xx Karen

Sandy said...

Beautiful! Although we have some cardinals here in Northern Florida, they are not as pretty as they are in the mountains of North Carolina.
Merry Christmas Bonnie!
Sandy Claus xx

Bobby said...

Brilliant save, Bonnie. That sentiment is perfect with your lovely cardinal.