Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunflower Hello

Hello.

I hope you're having a happy day!

I've used just a pinch of salt today.


This happy sunflower was die cut from a salted piece.

It's hard to see the patterns from the salt because of the intricate cut.

The stem and leaves were cut from a snippet leftover from this card.

After I added the brown watercolor to the flower, I used a bit
on the leaves to give them some added depth.

And because, in my yard, all the leaves have brown on them.

I should have shaded the grass border brown as there's lots
of brown in our grass too.  I did sponge some green on it.

It looks like it needs mowing doesn't it?

The Poppystamps challenge this month is
I have a border of grass and a scored border.

and the  CAS Watercolour Salt Challenge is still going.

and my snippet of grass and stem will give me a visit to
Pixies Snippet Playground
Thanks for the shout out, Di.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Early Espresso, Gumball Green (SU)
Paper:   Rustic White (PTI), Mixed Media (ST), Snippet of Green
Other:  Bountiful Sunflower, Grassland Border (both PS), Gansai Tambi Watercolors, Pink Himalayan Salt, Table Salt, Simply Scored


22 comments:

Sharon Fontenot said...

The salt and watercolors has me intrigued. I'll have to give it a try. Lovin the look of it on your card.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie! I LOVE the embossed lines as an accent! Great design! I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mac Mable said...

Great die cut flower and so eye catching. Fabulous technique and love the idea of the border of grass for poppy stamps, very creative and fun x

Marcia Hill said...

Just beautiful Bonnie! LOVE that sunflower die cut...I think I might NEED that!! :0)

Liz said...

What a great Sunflower die cut, love how it's coloured. Super card. xx

Nstiz said...

That sunflower is just gorgeous, Bonnie and love the variation in color on this! Your greens have tones of light and dark which really looks fabulous! Awesome card!

Susanne Vargas said...

Even thought it is a delicate (and beautiful) die, I can still see the effect of the salt! Fantastic card! If you decide to have somebody mow the grass make sure they don't mow down your flower, too! Better leave it like it is... Doesn't bother me...

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous dimension on your die cut sunflower(stunning)and leaves. Love the texture your salted scraps gave your beautiful card, Bonnie. TFS Hugs..

JoAnn said...

Love the die cut sunflower. Great job with your salt watercoloring.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely die and colours.
Faith
x

Di said...

In a word Bonnie - stunning! I just love this card - such happy colours as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

So you got full use out of your first experiment. First with fussy-cutting the flowers to create a gorgeous card ... and now using the green background to create part of this spectacular card. Awesome work, Bonnie!! Love your comment about the grass needing mowing :) xx

Susan said...

I haven't seen that sunflower die before - it's gorgeous! Love the colour variation in it from your salted piece! Had to laugh at your comment about your leaves having brown on them and having brown in your grass - that's exactly the state of my yard these days as we've had such a dry summer.

pam said...

Love your card Bonnie! beautiful sunflower and colours.
Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps Challenge blog.
Pam x

Christine Alexander said...

wow, gorgeous die cut, so pretty and s intricate. My yard is full of bark mulch so everything is brown (we have chaffer beetle so no point in trying to keep the grass) Love the card :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous sunflower, Bonnie! I love it! Adding a bit of brown to the leaves does make a difference. So beautiful and realistic! Hideko

Darnell said...

Another marvelous die, Bon-Bon! The colors are perfection for fall! Sounds like you might need some rain if the grass has some brown? Better just to let it grow then, lol! Hugs, Dolly

Sandy said...

This is quite dramatic and very beautiful!
sandy xx

Marybeth said...

Beautiful watercolored flower, Bonnie! Fun to be able to use a bit of leftovers too! Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge !

Jeanne J. said...

So beautiful how you colored the sunflower and I love the clean embossed lines for your border!

Bobby said...

I love that sunflower die and it's wonderful cut from the salted watercolor panel.

BożenA said...

I love the vivid colors that you used to color this beautiful flower. The card is a great inspiration, Bonnie
Hugs,
BożenA