Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sponging for CAS Mix Up

I tried my hand at sponging on dry embossing.

I'd had some bad results with this technique before, but had just the right touch this time.


This card is a little busy for CAS but still has some white space.

I started with a piece embossed with the Pine Bough Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up!

Sponging was done with a sponge dauber and some retired Handsome Hunter ink.
(I still miss Handsome Hunter)

The ornament was die cut from a piece of shaving cream marbling and
I fussy cut a contrasting ornament from a matching snippet.


I used Stamping, Sponging, Dry Embossing and Marbling.

The challenge is open until the 24th so there's still time to enter.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Handsome Hunter, Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Handsome Hunter (SU)
Other:  Pine Bough EF, Merry Tags Framelits, (SU),


10 comments:

Loll said...

WOW ... love this card Bonnie. Great job with sponging over dry embossing ... I think a light touch is key and you've done it perfectly. So pretty paired with the shaving cream circle with die-cut tree. Love the dark green accents. xx

Susan said...

Love the way you sponged over the dry embossing! And beautiful use of your snippet of shaving cream results. A great card!

JoAnn said...

Love your card. The sponging on the embossed image looks great.

Nstiz said...

OH wow, Bonnie! Love this unique design. I'm intrigued by the fact that marbling on your focal done with shaving cream matches so perfectly with the sponged embossing. Gorgeous framing and the black makes your artwork just pop!

Sandy said...

Oh wow! You come up with the best ideas - beautiful!
Sandy xx

Brenda said...

Oh my, I am loving this beautiful card Bonnie! Looks like I "need" that embossing folder! Well it will go on my wish list anyway. lol Your shaving cream technique looks so pretty, love the tree on it too. Just beautiful and a technique I really want to try sometime! Hugs,
Brenda

kiwimeskreations said...

Very pretty Bonnie - love the centre piece!!
Blessings
Maxine

Princess Judy Palmer said...

OH my gosh, I can't sponge on dry embossing worth a darn either. Yours came out great though. YOu have the touch!

Donna said...

Love this idea, Bonnie. X

BożenA said...

You did a beautiful Christmas twig. Christmas ornament looks amazing with marbled, like a sponge to dry embossing. Everything looks really amazing.
hugs,
BozenA