Saturday, November 12, 2016

Merry Skates

It's Day 6 of Loll's Christmas Tag Event


Our tags are to have mixed media plus stamping.


I had found a package of corrugated tags on a clearance shelf.

I've always wondered about die cutting pieces of corrugated cardboard.
Does the Big Shot flatten the ripples?
One of these days I'll find out.  But for now it was nice  having them all cut.

I sponged some white ink over the ripples.

The skates were in (you guessed it) my UFO box.
All I had to do was fussy cut them, add them to some more of the leftover pine branches,
stamp, emboss and punch the sentiment label.

So I have stamping, sponging, heat embossing, die cuts, fussy cutting and punching.

That's a lot for this little tag!

I am so enjoying all the wonderful tag ideas in this challenge!

Not only does Loll have a tag each day but she has an awesome Guest Designer creation too!

Do check it out!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Memories (retired SU), Merry Christmas Sentiments (HLS)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White
Paper:   Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer, Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Other:  Ready made tag (Recollections), White EP, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (SU)


24 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love all the texture with the corrugated tag, Bonnie! Fun skates too!!

Barb said...

I love the corrugated tag Bonnie. The skates look super with the holly. A lovely Christmas tag. Barbxx

LeAnne said...

LOVE this!

Nstiz said...

I LOVE those skates, Bonnie! Nothing like a pair of ice skates to think winter! What a cool design! The corrugated cardboard is fabulous in the background! I also love the dark red ribbon you used!

Loll said...

How sweet!! Love the corrugated tag. Only you could make corrugated look elegant. Serious design skills, my friend! Love the skates hanging with the bows and the pretty arched sentiment banner. The satin ribbon topper adds even more elegance. Thanks so much for sharing at my tag event!! xx

Carole said...

Ooooh corrugated tags...never come across them before...and your tag is lovely...in fact the corrugated tag reminds me of a sledge behind the skates!

nancy littrell said...

Love your corrugated tag and die cuts, Bonnie. Such a festive design my friend. Hugs, nancy

Robyn Oliver said...

'Cool' tag Bonnie - love the use of corrugated - I have loads of that and nice to see someone else with a stamped stash to use.

Bobby said...

Ha ha. After you asked about the Big Shot flattening the ripples I had to jump right up and try something. I had a kraft tag cut and ran it through my crimper. Perfect- so there's another option. And now that I have the tag, I guess I'd better do something with it. ;)

Brenda said...

Very cute tag Bonnie! I am loving the skates image. The tag looks so pretty with the ripples sponged, gives it a whole different look. Love the sentiment banner and white pine boughs too. Hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

Love the skates and the corrugated background! And the "merry" looks great on the shaped sentiment die cut.

Marcia Hill said...

What a perfect backdrop for those skates and pine branches...never would have thought to use corrugated cardboard, but with the white rubbed over it, I have to admit that I really, really like it! Lovely, lovely tag Bonnie!! :0)

MaryH said...

Very realistic sled with the corrugated c/s (great find, BTW!) and you had the imagination to use the find perfectly. Great background for the skates, and a totally delightful tag. TFS & Hugs

Sandy said...

All your tags have been wonderful Bonnie - now I ask, who in the world can keep up with you!!
sandy xx

TK said...

Beautiful! This reminds me of all the "older" Christmas movies out around the holidays

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like the corrugated tag, that's a cool one and perfect for your vintage looking skate image.

Christine Alexander said...

I have some of those tags, I have to get the out, this tag looks awesome. Love the skates :)

Darnell said...

I love how your mind worked for this ice skate design, Bonnie! That pine and the corrugation and the way you did the sediment banner ~ all brilliant!! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great work, love the corrugated cardboard inked and the dies, fabulous.
Faith
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Bonnie,
what a very super tag, and such a very lovely design.
I love those skates, and your wonderful design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Tee said...

Beautiful design! Stunning tag!

Pat said...

The corrugation gives a lovely texture to the background Bonnie and the skates and pine branch work beautifully over the top. x

Mac Mable said...

Great texture on the corrugated card. Love how you've left the skates un-coloured. Classy tag x

Donna said...

Your ripples will be squashed to a degree, but it sure will look fantastic, Bonnie.
Love this pretty tag. Beautiful design. X