Monday, May 30, 2016

Santa's Sack for Merry Monday

It's Merry Monday time!


Nina's choice this week is
Now this left me scratching my head.

Then I thought about Santa's sack and I remembered
a card in an old computer card program that I have.

Before I really got into making cards, I learned to use the computer
by making cards on it.
This one comes from a Hallmark program.

I printed it off several times and  used the extras to cut pieces to
"decoupage" on top of one of the print outs.

This Santa's sack doesn't contain toys.  Looks like he's
delivering to the wildlife.

I like that idea.

And see how he's having a nice visit with that cardinal?

Bet he's asking him what he wants for Christmas.

Rudolph Days May Challenge
is going strong until the last day of the month.
I'm going to take my Santa over to join all the other lovely cards there.

Hope you can find a sack in your stash (or get some clip art off the Internet)
and join us at Merry Monday. 

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Paper Mellow Moss (retired SU), Whisper White
Other: Sierra for Hallmark program, Stitched Border Dies (Lawn Fawn)




25 comments:

Betty said...

love your Santa, Bonnie - another difficult challenge for me this week :-( will have a think tho!

JosieD said...

Like this different approach to "Santa's Bag"...this is nice for adults who love nature and birds and chatting with an NC cardinal!

Linda said...

Love this vintage looking card Bonnie. So beautiful. Have a nice week.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Bonnie, your card is so beautiful...just love that vintage Santa! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

Sue - said...

Lovely card Bonnie and a great vintage Santa.

Barb said...

I really like the vintage look of this card Bonnie. Barbxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the traditional Santa and the fact you have part decoupaged him, a SUPER card.
Faith
x

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, I love this vintage image and how you layered it. Have a lovely week.

Marlene said...

Only word for this card is gorgeous!!

Loll said...

Lots of dimension with your paper tole of the vintage image. Great job Bonnie! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the decoupage element on this eye catching card Bonnie.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Your card turned out GREAT, Bonnie! Very nostalgic look to it.

nancy littrell said...

Now that is being really creative Bonnie. I love your discoupaged vintage Santa and wild life. TFS my friend.

Sandy said...

What a fantastic idea - I love this Santa and your card!
sandy xx

Susan said...

What a lovely old fashioned looking Santa! Great soft colors!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love it!
You are so creative Bonnie!
xx

Nstiz said...

I LOVE that you fussy cut and popped up his sack, Bonnie. That dimension adds so much! This card caught my eye immediately. Love the vintage feel of this one.

Karen Davis said...

Your old fashioned Santa is just gorgeous. I love the stitched border too.

Brenda said...

I did cards on the computer too at first Bonnie!! Loved making them and I had a Hallmark program and many other's as well. Now sadly they don't work with my computer anymore. Love how you did this santa using your program. He turned out great and I love that he is having a chat with the cardinal. And I love that he is delivering to the wildlife! Hugs, Brenda

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

LOL - I used to use a Hallmark card program too! Unfortunately, it died along with my old CPU. Just love your gorgeous rustic Santa and all the cute details, Bonnie!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a great vintage image to use for the challenge this week!

Greta said...

Lovely image which you used perfectly, Bonnie!

Marybeth said...

Me too, and it seems so long ago! This is beautiful Bonnie! Love the layering and vintage look of your Christmas card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So beautiful! Love all the dimension you added!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous vintage Christmas card, Bonnie! I love that your Santa is delivering goodies to his wildlife friends, and the soft colors of the tree in the corner is so pretty! You did an amazing job with your paper piecing, too...it really adds so much dimension to this card, and I love the stitched border! A stunning work of art!!!