Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Heat Embossing with Gelatos


A little while back few years ago, I saw this video by Darlene DeVries.

Of course I had to get the stamp and the gelatos!

It took a while to get around to using them.

I'm so glad I dug them out and gave it a try.

Now, I'll confess that I did a sorry job of heat embossing this background stamp.

I ended up with quite a bit some of the powder not embossed.

Hate when that happens!

So I salvaged what I could and colored the flowers using gelatos and my fingers.

I love how the colors look with the black embossing!

And finger painting was fun too!

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
SIMON SAYS: FLOWERS
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Lots of flowers here.


The CAS Mix Up Challenge
is open until the 24th



Come join us and do check out that fantastic gallery!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Everything Flowers (HA), Thinking of You (Happy Little Stampers)
Ink:  VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Basic Black, Whisper White
Other:  Black EP (SU), Gelatos (Faber Castell)



19 comments:

Loll said...

This is so beautiful Bonnie. I LOVE the layered flowers. Finger painting sounds like fun!! xx

MaryH said...

I'm not seeing anything wrong at all with this pretty thing! Love the brilliant colors, will be looking at the video...I have some Hero Arts bold flower backgrounds I bet will work for this. TFS the video link. I don't much like videos, you know! (CASing & videos is where I get all my ideas!). It's lovely Bonnie, you did a fantastic effort, and I love it! TFS & Hugs

Karen Davis said...

I LOVE the 'loose' finger painting over the embossing Bonnie, it gives it a wonderful organic feeling to it. Very pretty.

nancy littrell said...

Bonnie, I love how your black heat embossing really makes your flowers pop! How fun to use your fingers to spread your gelatos. Great effect. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie - love this look, thanks for the link to the video.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A HAPPY accident produces a HAPPY card, love the colours and design.
Faith
x

Jingle said...

Very pretty card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Bonnie and I love your finger painting! And so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has stamps that are years old and never been used...but HAD to have!! A really pretty card though...love it!! :0)

Nstiz said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! The gelatos look gorgeous over the black embossing! So fun to see the different techniques on your blog. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

jimlynn said...

It's beautiful! Love the pop of those bright colors. I actually have some gelatos and just never know what to do with them. Will have to at least try something like that but know it won't be this beautiful.
Lynn

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. The finger painting sounds like fun, will maybe try it with DI crayons as I haven't got any gelatos

Susan said...

Like you, I bought some gelatos years ago and have never used them. I should try your technique! Love the bold flowers and your vibrant mixed colours!

TK said...

Gorgeous from my viewpoint -- you saved the day well!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is very nice. I have some gelatos from a while back and I haven't done much with them. I should get them out and play with them one of these days... after I clone myself.

Barb said...

I love this Bonnie. They bright coloured flowers look stunning with them black embossing. Barbxx

Colorado Crafter said...

I'd love to know the brand and stamp set that your sentiment comes from. I love that font and the boldness and size of the sentiment. I also bought some gelatos a LONG time ago after seeing a lot of people using them, but I've never tried them. I really need to get out of my comfort zone and try all the cool techniques I've loved but never tried. The colors on this card are so pretty! Wonderful card!

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie! I love how you added black to some flowers, really made the card stand out!

Greta said...

Super pretty, Bonnie--wouldn't know there had been a problem! I'll have to watch that video--thanks for the link!

laurie said...

Those colors are so vibrant...beautiful!