Sunday, May 1, 2016

Heat Embossing for CAS Mix Up

Time for a new CAS Mix Up challenge





This month's challenge is


I used Stamping, Heat Embossing, Sponging and Die-cuts.

I used this awesome technique by Svitlana.

You'll find this video and others at the CAS Mix Up challenge site.

I left one unadorned to show the technique better.


I stamped the fern with VersaMark on Mixed Media paper and clear embossed. 
Then I sponged some Shabby Shutters distress ink over the whole piece.

I repeated the process with another leaf but sponging with Peeled Paint.

Finally I stamped some leaves in the Peeled Paint and splattered a little water over the whole piece.

The sentiment is heat embossed too.

I also used the Embossed Resist technique on the sentiment for the second card 
and sponged with the Peeled Paint.

This was a really fun technique and I love the different shades of green.

By cutting the piece in half, I got 2 CAS cards.

We have 2 new fantastic Design Team members.


and 


Our Featured Designer this month is

Karen (Snippets)

Our Guest Designer was the winner of our March CAS Mix Up Challenge

Be sure to check them all out.

Now it's your turn.

I can't wait to see what you can do with heat embossing!

Don't forget to keep it CAS and share it with us at 

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics (SU), World of Dreams (SU)
Ink: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint (Distress), VersaMark
Paper:  Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other: Clear and White EP (SU), Leavenworth Butterfly (MB)



21 comments:

Loll said...

Your cards are so beautiful Bonnie. Love both adorned and unadorned. You have really mastered this technique right from the start. Great job and wonderful inspiration! xx

Betty said...

lovely card Bonnie - i almost used that technique for my card - it's such a great idea. and thanks for choosing my card for the win in March and really enjoyed designing a card for this month's challenge.

Barb said...

Two really beautiful cards Bonnie. It is a lovely technique and I love the greens. Barbxx

Susan said...

Gorgeous cards, Bonnie! I love that layered embossing technique and will have to try it! Great contrast on the first card with the black butterfly and sentiment! I'm really going to enjoy being on the CAS Mix Up team with you!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie! I had seen that technique done, but never tried it! Your two beauties here has persuaded me to give it a try! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mac Mable said...

Definitely will be giving this technique a go, it's fabulous as are your cards. Do so love the different shades of greens, the stamp you've used and the masking around the edge, just gorgeous x

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job on this technique, Bonnie! I love the two-toned green with white ferns, and that you added the black butterfly and sentiment on the first card! Your unadorned card is also really pretty!
Thanks for inspiring us once again...I can't wait to play along!

nancy littrell said...

I love your monochromatic emboss resist ferns. So glad you did not cover up your images. TFS both your CAS Beauties Bonnie. I am so inspired by you and Loll and am having so much fun playing together as a DT member on your popular CAS Mix Up blog. Hugs, Nancy

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my...your cards are SOOO pretty Bonnie! I love the different shades of green with the ferns...absolutely beautiful!! :0)

Susanne Vargas said...

Absolutely adore this beautiful background you created! And the cards, of course! Another technique that I must try!

Cathy said...

beautiful cards Bonnie, love this resist technique, it's magical the way the different colours appear, Cathy x

JosieD said...

Beautiful cards! I love the look -- serene nature feel with a very creative and interesting pop. Will have to give this technique a try. Thanks, as always, for your inspiration and details on how you did it. And thanks for reminder of this wonderful fern stamp in the Butterfly Basics SU set.

Doris said...

What a great technique, Bonnie! You've inspired me to give it a try!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW these are stunning. Beautiful masking, love the flowers.

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful. I love the background you created for that pretty butterfly.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card! I must check out that video (but not now when I'm at the reception desk-they frown on videos with sound here).

MaryH said...

Gorgeous in the green with the white & dark green stampings. Love the bold butterfly getting ready to fly off this pretty thing. Aren't you the clever crafter to get two cards from one effort! Looking forward to the next one. TFS

kiwimeskreations said...

ohhhh - love the all the shades of green in this - fabulous technique.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

I'll have to check out the technique as I really love the look of your card, Bonnie!

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous and LOVE this technique! Thanks for describing your process. Love the different shades you achieved by doing this! Can't wait to try it! Beautifully designed!

Donna said...

Stunning background, Bonnie. Wow, wow, wow...