Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Dreamy Embossing


This card used a combination of 2 heat embossing videos.

I had watched this video from Stamp TV, tried it. 

Didn't work well for me.
I'll share the blooper later.

I thought maybe doing this technique over colored stamping would work better for me.


So I put this Dreamy stamp on MISTI, inked with markers,

cleaned the stamp, and inked with VersaMark.
Ran over to the embossing table and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I loved the Layered Emboss Resist technique from Altenew.

You may remember that I used this technique on these cards.
So I sponged over the whole piece with some Vintage Photo Distress ink.

Then I stamped the flourish a few times on the card using the VersaMark ink

and clear embossed that.

I sponged over it all with Brushed Corduroy.


After wiping the excess ink off the embossed pieces, I stamped some more

flourishes and this time embossed with white.

The sentiment was heat embossed with white on a piece that was cut off the final piece.


I put a narrow mat of gold foil behind the design to give it some elegance.


I love the shine the embossing adds.


CAS Mix Up May Challenge

I used Inking with Markers, Stamping, Heat Embossing, and Emboss Resist

and

Penny Black and More

ANYTHING GOES
Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog

Now....

Want to see the bloopers and blunders?


Maybe some more black ink sponged on?  Or lighter on the watercolor.

Definitely need to wait awhile between sponging and embossing!

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Dreamy (PB), Too Kind (retired SU), Everything Eleanor (soon to be retired SU)
Ink:  Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy (Distress Ink), VersaMark
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Gold Foil (SU), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Clear EP, White EP (both SU)




23 comments:

Loll said...

You've come a long way from your bloopers! :) Your layered resist looks amazing in these colours and really shows off that gorgeous big bloom. I JUST ordered that stamp yesterday. I know it's been around a while ... I'm always behind the times. :) xx

TK said...

Beautiful layered embossing! That card is just gorgeous, every swirl!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning layered embossing and flower. A beautiful card Bonnie, despite the bloopers that started the process!
Blessings
Maxine

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

What an amazing card! I love to see your bloopers too cause now i know i should wait awhile to sponge after emvossing too! I will start following you to learn more and thanks for kind words you left on my blog

Barb said...

It may not have started out as planned but you've ended up with a gorgeous card Bonnie. The colours look lovely and rich. Barbxx

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS Bonnie...so glad you stuck it out and tried again! Those flourishes in the background look so cool and really compliment that beautiful Dreamy flower...LOVE everything about this card!! :0)

Karen Dunbrook said...

really lovely results on this pretty card Bonnie. I love the layering you added, such interest.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Bloopers? All I can see is a beautiful and elegant card with fab colours. LOVE it.

Susan said...

Wonderful layering of colours and subtle shades of colours! Love the way you did the Dreamy stamp with both the Versamark and the coloured markers.

nancy littrell said...

OMG Bonnie, absolutely stunning heat embossed main image and more subtle heat embossed/emboss resist background. I LOVE every single detail my friend. Third Times a Charm ;-) Hugs, nancy

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulous mix of techniques you have demonstrated in this fabulous card Bonnie! It's just beautiful, and thanks for showing us your bloopers too, it reminds us that everyone makes mistakes ... even our heroes! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Donna said...

This is stunning, Bonnie :)

jimlynn said...

I think I'm absolutely drooling over this card! WOW doesn't even come close to describing it. Stunning!
Lynn

MaryH said...

Even your bloopers turn out pretty good! You can always die cut if nothing else! Don't think they look all that bad. I've tried this technique, and yeah, sometimes you get the extra powder that you can't wipe off. I am so loving the 'finished' one...that is a wonderful stamp to show off the technique, and I like the way you've stamped over the flourishes in the background too. The colors worked so nicely together. Brilliant work! TFS

Darnell said...

Great post, Bonnie! Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you persevered because your card is stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

A beautiful creation Bonnie with great stamping and inking, the bloom really pops, many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More.

I have some Tattered Lace candy here

B x

Nstiz said...

WOW Bonnie! This technique is difficult! You mastered it. Even with the MISTI which does help, it's hard to position that stamp exactly a hair off! This is SO beautifully done! Time to dust off my stamp and give this a try! Incredible card!

Brenda said...

I'm slinking in here with head hanging low Bonnie, I'm sorry it's been a while since I've came by. Since I'm so far behind, I will just comment once but know that I have went through and saw all of your amazingly beautiful cards you have made! This one is no different, love the look of this card!! The stenciling looks amazing, I love the white shade of the flower as well. Just a beautiful card! I also loved seeing your bloopers. Good to know that an amazing card maker like yourself has boo boo's too. Makes me not feel quite as bad about my boo boo's. lol Now I need to watch the video's you have linked too. Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Gorgeous, artistic card, Bonnie!

Shirley said...

A gorgeous card Bonnie. Great mixed media usage and the flower pops right out from the background.
Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Sandy said...

So pretty - I see that Sylvie is using this technique on her blog now.
Of course she gave all credit to you!
I am running a bit behind - had a wee bit of surgery early Wednesday morning and that took me out for almost 3 days. And you know what happens when you get the least bit behind.
Sandy xx

susiestacey said...

Beautyiful card, it looks so pretty.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More's May challenge and good luck x Susan x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your bloopers are about as good as any attempt I would ever do. Love your final version though. Wow! It is so enchanting!