Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Concord and 9th Butterfly and Flower


When I saw these wonderful cards by Barb G., I commented that I hadn't seen 
this beautiful butterfly die or even heard of Concord & 9th.

Barb quickly emailed me and asked if I would like her to send me a few die cuts.

Of course I said yes!

Thanks so much, Barb!

Since I was doing some backgrounds with Inka Gold,
I smooshed some of the die cuts too.

Isn't this pretty?

Love this die!

And the embossing folder is a sneak peek from the new Stampin' Up! catalog.

Here is another of the dies from this set.


Both cards are CAS Mixed Media using Stamping, Die Cuts, Dry Embossing, Heat Embossing on card 1, and Inka Gold Smoosh.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for our new challenge at 
CAS Mix Up.

MONOCHROME
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps: Picture Perfect (SU)
Ink:  Encore Silver
Paper:  Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Pool Party
Other:  Floral and Flutter Dies (Concord and 9th), Floral Affection EF (SU), Inka Gold (Platinum, Steel Blue, Jade)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:  Marina Mist
Paper:  Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Marina Mist (SU)
Other:  Floral and Flutter Dies (Concord and 9th), Inka Gold Platinum, Steel Blue), EF (Darice)



17 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful cards, Bonnie - i was also the recipient of some of those dies - so gorgoeus - concord & 9th has some really cool stamps - love their script dies - makes you look like a fantastic calligrapher!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Uh-oh, your gorgeous cards make me want to get these dies...

Doris said...

Both cards are very pretty, Bonnie. I especially like the flower die.

Marcia Hill said...

Both of your cards are so pretty Bonnie, and I love that butterfly die cut with the Inka Gold on it...gorgeous!! Love that new SU! embossing folder you used too! Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

Mrs A. said...

I had heard that the new SU catalogue was out. Best get my pennies out then as this ef is pretty. Love that gorgeous die cut butterfly too. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

I have learn about this company from Jennifer McGuire, I think they have some pretty crafty things! I love, love both of your cards Bonnie and the color combo. So pretty, now it looks like I need to try and get a card made to play in the challenge since I missed last months. Hugs, Brenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What delicate dies and beautiful too, you have made really good use of them with 2 beautiful cards.
Faith
x

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, what exquisite die cuts! That butterfly is gorgeous and so is the flower! Beautiful framing and embossing behind them too! Love these cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie, what a fabulous set of die cuts and you have used them beautifully - stunning cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Such striking cards. The die cuts are stunning against the white backgrounds...love them x

Greta said...

I have those dies on my wishlist--so unique & gorgeous! Love both cards, Bonnie--beautiful in blue & white!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous cards and dies! I love concord and 9th!

Bobby said...

It looks like that butterfly is pretty popular. It looks fabulous with the embossing, Bonnie.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

These are absolutely beautiful! I love how you've given the white a special bit of oomph with the embossing and I adore the delicate die shapes you chose to work with. And you can't beat those shades of turquoise! These are the epitome of subtle elegance with a pop of flair! Great work and I'm so glad you shared these with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Donna said...

Boy, you've been busy, Bonnie!
Love these cards... I think i may have to buy the flower for myself :)

Barb Ghig said...

I'm kicking myself for being so late with my visit, especially after seeing what a gorgeous job you've done with your die cuts, Bonnie! I love the effect of Inka Gold...the shimmer is amazing and your CAS designs are just perfect! Love them both!

TK said...

Love these dies -- I have them and they are just the sweetest. You cards show them off perfectly in that shimmery smooshed background!