Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Serene Silhouettes for Queen Trish

This week's Queen for the Day is to revisit a past Queen whose screen name begins with T-Z.  The fabtastic person that presents this challenge each week left her name off the list.  I'm thinking that, when someone was filling in, she was named Queen but I can't find it in the list. So...she's my pick for Queen this week.

Here's the gorgeous card that I CASED for Queen Trish (aka TrishG).  And here's what I did....


I hadn't had much success with the Acrylic Block technique in the past and kind of gave up on it. (You can find a tutorial here.) I used markers to ink the block.  I think I needed to spritz more water on it but I was happier with this attempt than past tries.

I did try it again without going in such straight lined and spritzed more water.  It made the prettiest background.  Then I ruined it when I stamped the image.  I couldn't salvage any of that. =(

I'll try again though.

I'm going to take this over to Simon Says Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes, Teeny, Tiny Wishes
Ink:  SU Markers (Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Marina Mist, Basic Black), Jet Black StazOn
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black
Other:  Acrylic Block, Woodgrain EF, Corner Rounder Punch

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely Bonnie! I've tried the acrylic block technique too, and I loved the effect! Not tried it with multiple colours though...may have to try it! :)
Lizy xx

Benzi said...

I love this pretty card and the technique is one of my favorites. I think you did a great job and I think it is super that you did a case of Trish's card. She'll be very happy.

jimlynn said...

I'd be very happy with this!!! So pretty and I'll have to try that technique.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

Your card is beautiful!! Love the colors!

MaryH said...

Beautiful effect, made me think of an evening sunset. You did a fabtastic (I LIKE that word!) job with your inking. I don't do that technique well myself...Your image was such a super one to use on this background. Great job! I'd like to see your non-salvage one. Bet it was better than you think!!! TFS- Hugs

Ellen Taylor said...

I think your background is gorgeous Bonnie!! I find it very inspiring!Fabulous card! TFS

Laura said...

Oh Bonnie this technique is so lovely and you did an FAB job with it!! And you have been very busy with all your Gorgeous Cards!! Love'm all!! Miss visiting all your wonderful post. TFS

Anonymous said...

Fabulous effect Bonnie-I have tried that once too-but only with one solid colour,this looks looks great with several layers,i shall have another try!
Nessa xx

Cathy said...

Very pretty card Bonnie, I haven't tried this technique, looks very effective though so I will give it a go, Cathy x

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Great job with the acrylic block watercoloring. Love the colors.

Such a wonderful tribute to Trish. Loll xx

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Bonnie! I haven't tried spritzing markers on blocks yet, but I sure do like how it looks when you do it on acrylic and then lay the paper over it. I'm going to try it on the block next; I think you got a great result here! (Sorry about the flubbed one!)

scrappymo! said...

Great job on this very cool technique!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful love the inking in the background, the tree looks excellent stamped over it. Happy Weekend, Shirleyx