Friday, September 13, 2013

Autumn Blessings for Queen Cheryl

After a weekend of Christmas cards and a class using Summer colors, I was ready to get into Autumn.  And this beautiful card by Cheryl, aka CherylQuilts, was just the inspiration I needed.  Cheryl was last week's Queen for the Day.  I'm terribly behind but wanted to honor her.  Besides, she has some gorgeous cards that I would love to CASE.


These gorgeous diecut flowers were a gift from my blogging friend, Doris.  She enclosed several beautiful diecuts in a gorgeous card! What a wonderful surprise!  You can check out her blog here.  She does beautiful CAS cards.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Take Care
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Dusty Durango
Other: Square Lattice EF, Diecut Fresh Daisies (Simon Says Stamp), Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Sponge, Blender Pen

The daisies were white so I sponged some Pumpkin Pie ink on the flowers and Always Artichoke on the stems and leaf.  Then I used a blender pen and Cajun Craze ink to add highlights and Always Artichoke ink to add some highlights to the leaf.  The sentiment from Take Care was stamped in Cajun Craze.

I'm going to take this over to Simon Says Wednesday Challenge  
EMBOSS IT!!  Heat or dry embossing

And if I hurry, I can slip into Pixie's Crafty Workshop's playground with the snippets on this card.

I'm really glad you stopped by.  Hope to see you again soon.

Enjoy!



15 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very pretty once again. Love the coloring of the flowers - such a pretty die.
Lynn

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flowers!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, love these rich colours, Cathy x

Irene said...

Another beautiful and stunning card Bonnie.
luv
irene
xxxx

Claire said...

Absolutely stunning Bonnie - I'm just about to do some die cuts like that with the Cameo I've just borrowed from a friend. This is exactly what I had in mind...

Di said...

Wow, LOVE this card Bonnie. In your own distinctive style it's so clean, fresh and elegant. Beautiful flowers too.

Hugs, Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Certainly is an Autumn blessing Bonnie, so pretty.

Cynthia said...

Oh wow! This one is definitely going into my "hold on to for CASEing purposes" file!! =D Gorgeous colors--I LOVE how the flowers came out!

Bev J. said...

Beautiful. Like how you colored the flowers. Will check out that neat die!

Aileen said...

The flowers are so pretty and I love your tasteful design. x

Karen Davis said...

Your card is so fresh and elegant Bonnie. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very stylish Bonnie-those flowers are very pretty and you have framed them beautifully :)
Nessa xx

Marybeth said...

Bonnie this is simply stunning! Love that colored die cut flower and you framed it beautifully!

cheiron said...

So pretty! I love this die and I really love it in orange...Thanks for playing along with the Emboss It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Darnell said...

I'm catching up, Bonnie, and I'm glad I took some time to go backwards and not miss anything! This is SO pretty! That orange ribbon is perfection. I'll go check out Doris's blog so thanks for the link! Hugs, Darnell