Monday, May 6, 2013

Merry Monday Peaceful Christmas

We're around to Merry Monday again.  This week's sketch had me stumped.  But after a few false starts, I came up with something I was pleased with.  Here's Lesley's sketch.



And here's my card...


Pretty simple actually.  I stamped the pine branch from the old, old Peaceful Wishes set in Old Olive, stamping them off the page.  Punched some 1/4" circles from scraps of Glimmer Paper to pop on there, stamped a sentiment and the design was done. 

All of the design team has come up with some beautiful cards so be sure to check them out.



All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Peaceful Wishes (retired), All Holidays (retired)
Ink:  Old Olive, SU Markers (Real Red, Old Olive)
Paper:  Whisper White, Old Olive, Red Glimmer
Other: 1/4" Circle Punch

Thanks for visiting and have a happy Monday!

Enjoy!



22 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a fantastic card. I love the pine boughs and berries.

Ardyth said...

Nice! Love the overlapping stamping of the branches and the clean feel of this!

Benzi said...

So pretty, Bonnie. I think the two of us did similar things with our card. Love your pine branch and ornaments.
Thanks to all of you for letting me be Guest Designer this week.

Cynthia said...

This is wonderful! I love how the simplicity echos the simplicity of Christmas. And the branches pointing to the sentiment are perfect too. Gorgeous colors as well.

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful CAS card Bonnie. I like the touches of red glimmer.

Marisa said...

LOVE your take on the sketch, Bonnie!! The pine boughs are gorgeous.

LeAnne said...

I just LOVE this set...one of my favorites! You've used it in a wonderful way, and your two-colored Merry Christmas complements it perfectly!

Irene said...

Hello Bonnie

Your card is stunning, a simple design with such a BIG impact.
luv
irene
xxxx

scrappingnana said...

It may be simple but it is beautiful. Love it.

jimlynn said...

Perfection!!!! Love the branches stamped like that. Fabulous card for Christmas!
Lynn

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Bonnie, I love the clean look of your card.

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card! I love your take on this week's sketch, Bonnie!
Have a wonderful week! :)

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, love the branches!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic take on the sketch! Simply fabulous!

Laura said...

Simply Beautiful, Bonnie!! I love the punched glimmer paper! Great idea! TFS

Jules said...

Simple but very effective Bonnie .. ..I love it!!

Hope you have a good week and enjoyed the bank holiday break.

Love Jules xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Bonnie, doing some catching up, beautiful take of the sketch. Elegant Christmas design, love it! Shirleyx

Narelle Farrugia said...

I was stumped too! When I saw yours in the gallery I realised I could do something other than a snowflake - thanks for the inspiration. I love the cleanness of this gorgeous Xmas card Bonnie - you make it look so easy!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, I really, really like seeing the oldie but goodie set, Peaceful Wishes! These branches make a wonderful sub for the big snowflake depicted on the sketch.

Greta said...

Love that sketch & love how you used it, Bonnie! I really want to play along this week--you've inspired me again!

Allisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch. Love your glimmer paper berries!

Aileen said...

Says it all with simplicity. Love the branches and glittery baubles. The two colours for the sentiment adds to the design. x