Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pooled Suede

How is it that the days go by so fast?  I can't believe that this is the last day morning to enter the Dynamic Duos challenge from last Saturday.


Even though Soft Suede is my least favorite color, it is stunning with Pool Party as the Design Team showed.


This card actually started out as a Less is More one layer card.  It didn't work out like I envisioned so I cut it up and layered it. The popped up butterfly was from the first go round with the one layer card.  It didn't work either, so I cut it out and added a little extra dimension to this card.

The current SUO challenge, Stampin' Up! Loves Animals, is allowing bugs and such.  So I'll be able to take this over there to join them.  It seems like ages since I've been able to play over there.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Creative Elements
Ink:  VersaMark, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Basic Black Marker
Paper:  Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pool Party
Other:  Clear EP, Big Shot, Fancy Fan EF, Basic Pearls

I'd better hurry on over there before the party is over.  Maybe I can still get a one layer card made for the LIM challenge. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

23 comments:

Ardyth said...

Your least favourite, huh? Well it looks gorgeous here! I have to admit that I like espresso better most of the time but suede has a place. And now you've got me thinking about my least favourite colour.....lol!

Benzi said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. Those colors are awesome together.

Allisa said...

Love how you placed the bling with your embossing folder! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous indeed! I LOVE those colors together and I LOVE your card!! =D

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oooo, soooo pretty, Bonnie! I like the layout you used, and of course, those three pearls. ;)

Aimee Cretsinger said...

Very elegant Bonnie! I loved how you used the soft suede as an accent color! The stamped frame image from Creative Elements is just perfect! Love it! Thanks for joing us at Dynamic Duos!

Nikki Spencer said...

Just beautiful Bonnie, the end result is so elegant and classy!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful colors together and love the butterfly! VERY nice!
Lynn

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful butterfly and what a pretty shade of blue! Hugs, Karen

Carol L said...

Regardless of what you started with, this card turned out beautifully! I love the rich embossing with that gorgeous butterfly!

Aileen said...

Very elegant, Bonnie. x

~Tammy~ said...

Now who would have thunked that! Gorgeous!!!!! You would never know least favorite and they are great together!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE this combination of colours, a lovely card, the pearls certainly add to the elegance

Mrs A. said...

Stunning colous when put together. I rarely make a card that starts and finishes as I intended it to be. Sometimes you just need to sit back and have a play. Hugs Mrs A.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful result from what didn't work at first! So glad you came back to SUO Challenges and shared it with us!

Emily Keaton said...

Hi Bonnie! Yes, long time, no see. I've definitely been keeping a low profile in blogland. Thanks so much for coming by for a visit! I LOVE this pretty creation--Pool Party is such an awesome color, and Soft Suede sets it off nicely. This design and its elements are so classy and elegant!!

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Bonnie! We are usually in sync, but not when it comes to the suede this time ~ I love it! I'm sorry I missed DD again, but so glad you were able to duck in there in time!!

Deb Hoekstra said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for sharing it with the SUO Challenges!

Lisa said...

Wow...this card is just breathtaking Bonnie!

MaryH said...

Blues & Black. Stunning color combo. Love the EF too. Think I have this one. An elegant card with the flourish layer...really striking. Pearls made the perfect embellishment to finish off. TFS

Ellen Taylor said...

Love the embossing and color combo! Simply fabulous card!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful CAS, Bonnie! I love the color combo you chose. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty card, love the colors and CAS style! Thanks for playing along with the animal challenge this time on SUO Challenges!