Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Autumn Sunset

Here's a card for this week's Queen for the Day at SCS.  Her name is Joanne but she goes by jojot.  What fun to take a leisurely look at her gallery.  This is the her inspiration card.  Congratulations Joanne! Enjoy your reign!

Here is my card.


I'm also going to take this over to Shopping Our Stash where they're looking for 
Fur or Feathers
No Insects, Spiders or Bees.

The Peach Parfait cardstock and sentiment are both from my stash.

The background was done with the Watercolor Splotches technique.  You can find a tutorial here.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes, Three Little Words (retired)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn
Paper:  Shimmery White, Basic Black, Peach Parfait (retired)
Other:  Re-inkers (Pool Party, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie) Aqua Painter

Thanks so much for your visit.  I really enjoy hearing from you and getting by to see what you've been up to.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Rita W said...

Bonnie, I just LOVE this! I pinned your tutorial to try later. Thank you for sharing that.

Kim S said...

Oh, Bonnie, this is lovely!

Cynthia said...

WOW!!! Love that watercolor background! Gorgeous!!!

jimlynn said...

Triple WOW!!! Love all the colors on this Bonnie. The watercolor splotches looks awesome on this too.
Lovely!
Lynn

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Bonnie, I love your card. Is that glossy cardstock? I will have to try that. I love it! thanks for commenting on my card girl. Hugs, Bev

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, this is just stunning with that great image and beautiful background! I love it!!

Bev Gomez said...

Oh and Bonnie, thanks for your comment about matching up and it just happened that way, it wasn't planned but I saw it when I posted it. LOL! Funny how that works sometimes. Oh and I see now that you used the Shimmery white card stock. Have a great day. Hugs, Bev

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is an outstanding card. I love how you made your background and your silhouette image looks awesome against it.
What a stunning card...a winner in my book.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Bonnie, This one is gorgeous too ! Love the background. Thanks for stopping in at my blog as it brought me back to yours:) Beautiful work !

Loll said...

Bonnie, I love that background technique. The silhouette stamp just pops off that gorgeous watercoloring!

CarlaKH said...

Beautiful card- love the black birds against the rich colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Aileen said...

Love your background Bonnie with the silhouette. I find orange difficult to use but you've done it brilliantly. x

Deena said...

gorgeous background technique! Thanks for joining in the fur and feathers challenge at Shopping our Stash! Hope to see your next creation in our Go Green Challenge this week!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Your card is absolutely STUNNING!! So glad I found it on Pinterest! I pinned it under "Spectacular Cards"! :)