Saturday, July 28, 2012

Last Chance for Merry Monday with a Twist

Here's one last card for Merry Monday with a Twist.

.
When I got this Mixed Bunch set, I knew I wanted to ink this stamp with markers.  It made me think of a Nordic sweater.  Having a punch that's made for this stamp helps a lot.  I punched 2 blossoms from the Raspberry Ripple to put behind the stamped one.


This package of new Christmas Snow Festival paper has some sheets with strips that went right along with the knitted scheme.  This paper is in the new Holiday Mini catalog.


I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White and turned my Decorative Label punch over, slipped the ends of the stamped piece in from the top and punched to get the ends rounded. It took a little nick from one side so I took my paper snips and cut some more.  Then I inked the edges with my Raspberry Ripple marker.  I can't remember where that stamp came from.  In fact, I can't remember where I put that stamp.  I've looked all over and under my stamps and can't find it.  I organized my sentiment stamps the other day.  Maybe that was a mistake.

Sunday morning is the deadline for this challenge.  Here's a recap in case you missed it.



Merry Monday Sketch with a Twist!

This month is going to be a bit different for the Merry Monday Challenge!!!  I have decided to shut down my computer for a bit and to take a blogging vacation. I still want to encourage you to make 4 Christmas cards this month, so I am challenging you to use any of the past Merry Monday Sketches and create 4 cards this month. 
  1. Link up one per week OR MORE IF YOU WOULD LIKE!
  2. The linky will close on Sunday, July 29th at Noon.
  3. At the end of the month, I will choose 4 winners who will be Guest Designers at a future date.



All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


Stamps:  Mixed Bunch
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, SU Markers (Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green)
Paper:  Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Blossom Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Vintage Brad (non SU)


Thanks so much for stopping by.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Another beautiful Christmas card. Love the dimension on this.
Lynn

Loll said...

Wonderful Christmas card. I agree, I think that stamp looks like a knit Nordic sweater, and the DP matches it perfectly!

Victoria said...

I have never looked at Mixed Bunch with my Christmas eyes before but this intricate design works really well in red and green.

Susan said...

Gorgeous! I love sweaters and I knit so this really appeals to me! It would be a perfect Christmas card for me to make for all my knitting friends!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is fabulous Bonnie, love the embossing too

Benzi said...

Gorgeous! Yes, it sure does remind me of a kntted sweater. What a great flower, too.