Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pocket Silhouettes

I'm going to miss using my Pocket Silhouettes on a regular basis.  It's definitely a set that I will keep in my collection.


This card is for several challenges.  It's rare for me to combine many challenges because my brain goes into overload if I try to think of too many things at once.  But things kinda worked out together this time.

First off is the Less is More challenge

ONE LAYER CARD
This time we have the stipulation to
USE THREE STAMPS
not four, not two... but 3!


And the Paper Players challenge.  Ann chose the colors.

And finally the CAS challenge at SCS

CAS170 - Technique Challenge

Divide an image or scene into 3 pieces. 


I didn't divide an image as in stamping it and cutting it apart since I wanted to keep it a one layer card.  I punched 3 squares from scrap to make a mask, held it on my card front with sticky notes and stamped the design in 3 sections then sponged the background before removing the mask.

I used 2 of the stamps from the Pocket Silhouettes set and a stamp from Short and Sweet to make up the three.  I inked the flowers with Poppy Parade and Daffodil Markers.  The stems are Soft Suede and the background is sponged in Baja Breeze.  I outlined the squares with Soft Suede.  The soft squares kinda got lost without it.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes, Short and Sweet
Ink:  Baja Breeze, SU Markers (Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  1" Square Punch (for mask), Stampin' Sponge




I was so happy to see a shout out from last week's Merry Monday challenge.  Wendy chose my Christmas Rose card as an Honorable Mention.  I'm so glad she enjoyed it.

Thank you for your visits and for the kind comments.  It's always nice to know that you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy yours.

Again, enjoy!


36 comments:

Lorraine said...

Okay, my jaw dropped when I saw this one. How very pretty. I love this set too.

Cynthia said...

I love the Pocket Silhouettes too! Gorgeous colors on your card. And congrats on the Merry Monday mention!!

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, first of all congrats on your Honorable Mention card for Merry Monday!
Now....on to this card! WOW! So creative and fantastic. Love the way you did this into a one layer card and it's beautiful with all the sponging on it too. So very pretty!
Lynn

Loll said...

Bonnie, you did a fabulous job combining three challenges in one card! Truly beautiful card with simple lines and gorgeous colors.

Roxie said...

Very, very nice, what a great job with the one layer!

Deanna said...

Bonnie, your design and Colors are just gorgeous! Great card

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! And I agree with you about Pocket Silhouettes... definitely a keeper.

Chrissie said...

I love this Bonnie... superb card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kath said...

Fabulous card - the image and colours look really great.
Kath x

Autumn Mist said...

This is such a fabulous card, everything about it works. I loved using this colour scheme, too, so bright and cheerful.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Bonnie -what a brilliant technique for creating a "triptych" design on a one-layer card. Love the gorgeous colours and the pretty SU images.
Hugs, Sylvia x

lililindsay said...

Another beautiful card from you. I was obsessed with using the Pocket Silhouette stamps for a while so I put them away out of sight. You have inspired me to get them out again!

Vicki Fraser said...

This is such a beautiful card, I've just signed up with stampin up and have seen this set used in so many ways, but this is the nicest so far!

H2 :) said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie. Awesome combination of the three challenges. :)

Heather T said...

This is such a pretty card, the three challenges combined to give you a superb layout and colour scheme.

Elaine said...

Great card - love the way you've masked the front and stamped etc. Lovely!

Lesley said...

This card is lovely Bonnie, good for you to combine the challenges, that set is one I never got but seeing your card makes me wish I had. Love how you outlines each square too! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

Scrapmate said...

A stunning CAS card, gorgeous colours.

Mandi said...

This look superb Bonnie
I love the colours
Pocket Silhouettes is an all time favourite of mine too
I guess the UK will be losing it too
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

What a real stunner of a card Bonnie - you've made a piece of art with those colours. Pocket Silhouettes is definitely a keepsie for me too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Look at you, going all crazy and combining three challenges! Whoo hoo!

Also congrats on your win at Merry Mondays. I am so happy for you!

jaydee said...

Bonnie, this gorgeous card makes my CAS loving heart sing. What a fabulous way to use the colors. Just beautiful! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I love your pretty card and the Pocket Silhouettes is a great stamp. I see why you got honorable mention on the Christmas Rose card...it is a beauty!

Jenny said...

Oh your scene is gorgeous in the freshly made sketches colours, I love those three flower panels :0)
Jenny x

Nance Leedy said...

Holy cow, Bonnie!! This is stunning! Love the way you've given this one layer card so much dimension. It looks like a watercolor painting. Just beautiful. Way to combine the challenges...So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Such a beautiful clean and classy card, Bonnie! A wonderful way to use the challenge colors! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Aileen said...

Gorgeous Bonnie. I love your panels, they are so striking! x

Julie said...

Love your stamps and colours . Great card.

Susan said...

Bonnie, this is FABULOUS! I love how you've made the three blocks! The bright colors look really good too!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, I saw your creation at The Paper Players!

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, love the bright colours you`ve used.
Lynne xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Bonnie I love you've created a scene with the challenge colours - such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Heidi said...

Such a sad day when we no longer see Pocket Silhouettes in the catalog! It is the perfect "go to" stamp set! Great technique and adding the sponging is such a fun touch. Love the clean and simple design and the white space makes the "art" in the center of the card stand out. Thanks for sharing your card with all of us at The Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

love love love your card !

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your win at Paper Players for this, Bonnie!

Doris said...

I love the colors used on this card and can't wait to CASE it! Nice job, Bonnie.