Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Folded Flower Tutorial

I had a request for a tutorial for the folded flower card I posted here.  I also posted another flower with this technique here.  And here is another card with the folded flower.


Punch 9 circles.  I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch for this flower


Fold 8 circles in half using your fingernail to get a good crease.


Fold in half again.



And in half again.


You should have 8 circles folded in 1/8s.


Lay the folded pieces on the 9th circle with the points facing center and glue in place.


This is what it will look like when you're finished.


And here's a side view.


Put a brad in the center.


Punch a scalloped circle of the same or coordinating paper to put behind the flower.


Take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back, and mount it on a card.



I hope this tutorial is helpful and you have fun making these pretty posies.  If you have any questions just email me.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Victoria said...

Thank you for a really helpful tutorial. I will be sure to try out these pretties!

Colleen said...

Love the card and wonderful tutorial. Thanks!

Aileen said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll certainly be trying that. Lovely card and the simplicity really lets the flower shine.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

VERY simple tutorial Bonnie. Thanks will have to try this

Benzi said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial, Bonnie. It sure make a beautiful card.

Jeanne H said...

Bonnie~Thank you so much. I love your card and just finished a flower from your tutorial. Fun!!

Darnell said...

Thanks so much, Bonnie. I thought it was way harder than hat to make pretty posies! I absolutely love this cary, by the way! I'm going to pin it for future inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love it! So easy and yet I couldn't have figured it out without the tutorial. Thank you for sharing that btw! I have to make one now, I'm always looking for new and different ways to make my own flowers, especially from paper.

Deb Mills (Debbie Do on SCS) said...

Love your flower embellishment! Thanks much for the how-to.