Monday, April 2, 2012

Apple Blossom Time

You probably don't remember the song "Apple Blossom Time".  I only remember it because my parents were fans of the Andrews Sisters and we always listened to Lawrence Welk. I'm not really that old!  Honest, I'm not.

The CAS-ual Fridays challenge last week was to do a clean and simple project based on a song.  So these little posies are apple blossoms today.

The Less is More challenge this week is to use this picture for inspiration.


Isn't that a pretty picture?

I don't feel like I did it justice.

I didn't think I would like all that gray, but it surprised me.  It's actually quite pretty with the pink.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers
Ink:  SU Markers (Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray)
Paper:  Going Gray (retired), Whisper White, Basic Gray
Other:  White Gel Pen Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF

Oh, what a beautiful day we've had!  It wasn't as hot as it's been and the pollen isn't as heavy.  And I had a visit from my favorite neighbor.  The boys even let us visit for more than a few minutes. What a treat!

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Cynthia said...

You are totally right, Bonnie--the little pop of pink is just perfect with that gray. Really pretty card!!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! LOVE those colors together on this stunning card.
My great aunt never missed the Lawrence Welk show and I can still remember going to her house and having to sit though it with her! LOL!
Lynn

Benzi said...

Bonnie, what a beautiful combo of colors. The pink and gray looks fabulous together and made a beautiful card.

Karen B. said...

Your card is amazing and beautiful, I think you did the inspiration photo justice. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Darnell J Knauss said...

That's a perfect card for spring when all the fruit trees are in blossom. And I love gray and pink together, lots of gray, little pink, or the other way around.

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures of the azaleas and the dogwoods - spectacular! Do you deadhead that azalea (those azaleas)? I love them and have several small to medium bushes and it's a major job to deadhead them.

Finally, congrats on being a Glamette! Well-deserved!!

Chrissie said...

I think that this looks really pretty Bonnie, the flowers look so delicate. All these stamps seem to call to me but I'm rapidly running out of storage space!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

The blossom looks even more delicate and pretty against the grey. x

Jenny said...

I love grey and pink together and the sweet litttle blossoms on the branch are a great reminder of apple blossom season....a sure sign of summer, such a pretty card Bonnie :0)
Jenny x

Victoria said...

What a beautiful embossed frame and such soft colouring of the blossoms. Lovely card!

Helen in the UK said...

Love your use of the darker grey - contrasts really well with the softness of the image :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I remember my grandparents watch Mr. Welk ALL the time! But I don't recall that particular song about Apple Blossoms. HOwever, I think you did a good interpretation of it, with those softly colored blossoms.

Mandi said...

I really liek the gray card base Bonnie
Super pretty card

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

This is so pretty and love the soft colours of the pink and green against the grey background x

Lesley said...

How lovely Bonnie! Love the soft colours with the punch of bold gray!!!