Monday, March 26, 2012

Birthday Balloons

I love these balloons with their curly ribbons from the Crazy for Cupcakes set.


They seemed perfect for Susan's One Layer Wednesday challenge to use pinks and orange.  We could use as many shades of pink as we wanted but only one orange.

I did some masking and used Regal Rose, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango to ink and color the balloons.  The sentiment is done in Rose Red and Tangerine Tango. (I hope Rose Red is considered a pink.)

The first time I tried this, I had a smudge.  I cut off the smudge and mounted the design on a Melon Mambo card.


The sentiment on this one was stamped with Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Crazy for Cupcakes, Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess selection)
Ink:  Rose Red, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, SU Marker (Rose Red, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo)
Paper:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Other:  Scallop Trim Corner and Border Punches


It was so nice to see the sun today after several rainy days.  I'm hoping that the rain knocked most of the pollen down.

I'm so glad you stopped by.  I really enjoy your visits.

Enjoy!




10 comments:

jimlynn said...

FUN cards! Love those balloons on these too.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

I loved the first card, but then I scrolled down to the second...WOW! I love how simply using the Melon Mambo for a card blank so changes the whole attitude of the card!! LOVE IT!! So sassy and festive!! =D

Emily Keaton said...

Hi, Bonnie! I love those pretty colors you used--the look lovely together!! Your balloons (with their lovely curled strings) make a terrific one-layer card when all teamed up with that great sentiment!

Susan said...

Beautiful job on the OLW challenge! But I have to say I like the second card best - have the pink cardbase makes it so striking, and the punched corner is perfect! And such a good reuse of the smudged image!

Mary Marsh said...

2 prett ycards bonnie-love the cas dsign-dont you love it when we can fix our mistakes

Susie said...

Both are wonderful. Love the strings on the balloons.

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie,

Two lovely cards, both ways work beautifully. Who would have thought orange and pink could go together!

We are having some glorious weather just now. x

Pauline said...

Great cards. I loved both of them.Aren't these colors great together. Challenges really make us stretch ourselves.
Hugs
Pauline H.

Benzi said...

What a fun birthday card. Great job coloring those balloons. They have a look of sun shining on them.

Oh, I'm with you about hoping the pollen is washed away.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, I love these balloons! I am not sure I've ever used mine from this Cupcake set. Shame on me!