Thursday, November 3, 2011

Seeing Stars

The Less is More challenge last Saturday set me thinking.  Well, the more I thought, the less I knew what I was going to do.  Finally, I was able to get to my stamps and play a bit and now have a few minutes to share with you.  The challenge is
 
*STARS*


I only have one star stamp of any size and it's a long retired stamp from Stampin' Up!'s Ornate Ornaments.  The date on the stamp is 1997.

Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder.  The sentiment is from the Many Merry Messages and I inked the noel without the tails with my Cherry Cobbler Marker.  A bit of Linen Thread finished it off with a Folk Art feel.


Then I went glitzy and punched an ornament out of some silver Glimmer Paper and a small star from the red Glimmer Paper.  This paper is wonderful.  The glitter stays put so I don't have sparkles all over the house.  That's a basic rhinestone in the middle.  The embossing is with the Snow Burst folder that is in the Holiday Mini catalog.

The last card was made from the stars I punched to do a wreath that just didn't work out.  I think this card needs something else but I haven't decided what.  Maybe you can give me some suggestions.


Thanks so much for visiting today.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

They are all so pretty! I'm really loving the first card, though - something about the framed red stars. Beautiful! :)

Lisa A. said...

What lovely cards, Bonnie!! Your use of stars is varied and wonderful, but the simplicity of the first one with the frame and twine is my favorite...sweet:)!!

Cynthia said...

Love the cards, Bonnie! The first one's my favorite--love the folk art thing going on! ;-) The last one reminds me of a quilt..maybe add a stitched border?

Mary Marsh said...

3 great cas cards Bonnie-love your stars challenge card-it has such a "country" look to it-just the type of card I used to send before I became a stamper

Chrissie said...

All great cards Bonnie, but the first is my fave!
That stamp may be an oldie, but it's certainly a goodie!
Love the sentiment too without its tails!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, Three fabulous star cards, I love them all but the *STAR* LOL is the first, classy card, Gay xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Three great cards Bonnie! The top one is my favourite - I love the frame you've drawn around your gorgeous stars, and I love how you made the noel sentiment look different, and of course I love my favourite embellishment linen thread! How about adding the noel sentiment to the last card?

Benzi said...

Wonderful cards, Bonnie. Love the red star card. Oh, I don't know. Maybe on the other star card, you could tie a narrow ribbon at the top and a sentiment on the bottom right. Just a suggestion since you weren't happy and asked. Or, if a border of some kind was around the stars and then a sentiment at the bottom.

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, my stars!! Bonnie, these are delightful. So full of detail, but yet still classic CAS cards. Your twine around that top one is perfect. :)

Doris said...

You could start a new reality show: "Stamping with the Stars" with these beauties!

Doris said...

since you asked for ideas on the 3rd card, I thought you could emboss something in gold or silver on acetate to go over it.