Monday, November 14, 2011

Leaves of Christmas

This week's Less is More challenge is....

ONE LAYER CARD

The theme for your cards this week is

LEAVES
 

I love leaves and have lots to choose from.  Since I'm mainly working on my Christmas cards, I pulled out the holly leaves.

The holly bough is stamped with StazOn and colored by swiping a marker on an acrylic block and using a blender pen to apply the ink to the design.  The berries were colored directly with the marker and the sentiment was inked with markers.

This card has more of a vintage feel without all the embellishments.  I used my Simply Scored to create a lattice below the design.  If I were to do this again, I think I would use brighter colors.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells and Boughs
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Always Artichoke, SU Markers (Always Artichoke, Real Red, Soft Suede)
Paper:  Very Vanilla
Other:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Blender Pen, Simply Scored

Thanks for stopping by.  I really appreciate your comments and look forward to visiting your blogs.

Enjoy!
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'm feeling really guilty that I haven't got going on my personal Christmas cards this year as yet... I like to send all the same and I haven't come up with a design to date!
This is lovely Bonnie... I personally prefer Olive Green in Stazon to the Forest Green... I think it's a much warmer shade, what colour did you use?
Love the embossing!
Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog, I truly appreciate it!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cath Wilson said...

That's a pretty C card. Love the selective embossing, too - lifts a simple card to something really special x

Kathyk said...

Smashing card and a lovely image

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Lovely card Bonnie
I'm about to embark on my designs, I have hndreds ordered already!

Thank you
Mandi LIM

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Missed a few cards, but have to say ALL are gorgeous

Cynthia said...

Love the holly! And you're right--the image and the scoring make it seem vintage. Love that!!

Suze Bain said...

Very pretty Bonnie, I like the muted colours, you're right it gives it a vintage feel. xx

Bev J. said...

Pretty-like the scoring on the bottom.

Benzi said...

Love this pretty Christmas card...you just can't go wrong with a holly image for those holiday cards. The scoring looks super.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love clean and classic! THis is a perfect example of that.

Pauline said...

Great card Bonnie, Lovely holly and the scoring on the bottom is wonderful. Must remember to do that some time.

Marrigje said...

Beautiful christmas card! I love the design and the embossing.

G Peplow said...

Pretty CAS card Bonnie, love holly and yours does really have a vintage style, brilliant! gay xxx

Jenny said...

Yep this is a great challenge for Christmas cards :)
Fab holly image and such rich colours too :)
Jenny x

Aileen said...

I like your vintage feel to your card. Super embossing and stamping. x

Susan said...

Lovely card, Bonnie....I really like what the scoring adds to the bottom of the card. I still need to finish up some cards for Christmas, too.

Lisa A. said...

What a pretty card, Bonnie!! Love the embossing on the bottom...love how it allows for a small stamp, but makes the one layer so much lovelier:)!!