Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lots of Yellow

The One Layer Wednesday challenge this week over at Simplicity is to use yellow.  Well, I used lots of yellow!


After several false starts and stamping images in Daffodil Delight that seemed to get lost on the card, I brought out the Daffodil cardstock.

The butterfly needed something to light on so I embossed some flowers.

Pearls really looked nice on the center of the flowers but I want to make cards that can go through the mail and some of the pearls would have needed to be where the stamp goes.  So I used the White Signo Gel Pen on the centers then put a drop of Crystal Effects over the ink.  It gives the sheen of a pearl without the bump. Well, there is a little bump but not much.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Nature Walk
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet EF, Black EP, Black Gingham Ribbon, White Signo Gel Pen, Crystal Effects

Enjoy,
Bonnie

13 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

VERY nice, Bonnie! Thanks for the great tip on your flower centers--must be perfect for mailing! :)

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Pretty card! love the texture.

Brenda R said...

This is very nice! Thanks for giving the details for the flower centers. They add alot.

Chrissie said...

Great card Bonnie!
Chrissie

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Very pretty!! I love the embossing!!
Maria

G Peplow said...

You've made such a pretty card, I love the embossing and the black butterfly is perfectly complimented by the ribbon:0) xxx

Doris said...

Hi Bonnie--I made it back from Prague in one piece! Love your card, and especially the way you made the flower centers with the Crystal Effects. Why didn't I think of that!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, I left something for you on my blog here: http://colleen-dietrichdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-award-from-ruby.html

Happy New Year!!

Benzi said...

Lovely card! That is a good idea about replacing the pearls that way. Your butterfly is so pretty with the Daffodil Delight.

Rosemary said...

your card is just lovely! you make me want to use some daffodil delight cardstock on something!

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, Bonnie, I'm going to have to remember that flat pearl trick...it's lovely and so is the card!

Helen said...

Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this card, however, is there a reason why my embossed flowers always come out in reverse to yours?? (Which affects the butterfly)... I'm a beginner stamper (!) so maybe there's a basic trick?? Many thanks...Elise