Monday, January 24, 2011

CASEing Em

I really tried to get to the Featured Stamper card on SCS yesterday!  When I saw artsy_em's gallery, one time through wasn't enough.  I spent so much time enjoying her gallery, that the day was about gone!  I did get the card done last night.  But it was so late, I didn't take the time to post.  This is the card I CASEd.

 
I used a different stamp and butterfly but kept the colors and layout the same.  I chose not to sponge around the edges and keep it clean & simple.

I bought this stamp, Elizabeth, a while back and had never used it.  I think I will be using it a lot now that I tried it out!  Did you know that you can get this stamp free during Sale-a-bration?  For every $50.00 in merchandise that you purchase from now until March 31st, you can get a free stamp set or even select embellishments.  If you would like a Sale-a-bration Catalog, let me know and I will mail you one.

I stamped it twice, once on a scrap.  I stamped the sentiment in the oval on the scrap and cut it out so it could be popped up!

A little hint for those of you who, like me, can't stamp straight and have to "eyeball" stuff.  I started the main image on a piece of WW a little bit bigger than what I needed so that I could get it centered when I trimmed it up.

My butterfly was in my box of left overs.  I didn't have any twine that would work for the body.  I love the way Emily twisted and tied the twine on hers!  I used some of the black seed beeds left over from my jewelry making days.

If I had the time, I could CASE several more of her cards.  Lots of inspiration in her gallery.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Elizabeth, Because I Care
Ink:  Black StazOn, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Black Seed Beads

Enjoy,
Bonnie

8 comments:

Doris said...

Your comment came in on my blog just as I was getting ready to leave one here! I just ordered that same stamp as my "freebie" for Saleabration. I've seen it used vertically, too. Have you tried using wire for your butterfly antennae?

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous! The Cherry Cobbler is just an outstanding color and the butterfly is beautiful. Now, I want that stamp. I've sent my SU demo an email over the weekend...don't know where she is as I haven't heard back yet. I am even more anxious to order supplies since I've seen your card.
BTW, I see you've changed your picture...very nice photo!

Chrissie said...

Bonnie, this is simply stunning... classic, elegant and totally understated.
Just beautiful!
Chrissie

Cec said...

This is stunning in it's simplicity. I love the red butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Heide said...

This is just beautiful!

Kristi said...

I just discovered you over at Sugar Creek Hollow. Your card is absolutely stunning!

Sharon Basel said...

So simple and beautiful. A wonderful card. So happy you found us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Thanks for joining the challenge this week - hope you'll return again Saturday for the next challenge too!
Sharon, SCH-DT

Tracy Vinson said...

This is just a lovely creation of art!!! You have a great eye for patterns and textures as well as the use of the perfect embellies!!! Thanks for joining us this week at SCH. Hope to see you back again tomorrow as we begin a new challenge. Blessings, Tracy, Owner, Sugar Creek Hollow