Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Punch Bird in Poppy

This morning six lovely ladies joined me to stamp. One or two had never stamped before. I think they'll stamp again. Hopefully again and again. It was a lot of fun for me and as always, I am so inspired when everyone leaves. It really is true that sharing your toys doubles the fun!

After they left and we got the munchkin settled for his nap, I tackled the Color Challenge for this week to use Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade & Crumb Cake. Dessert is to use newsprint. I skipped dessert, mainly because I forgot about it. Wish I could forget the eating kind of dessert!

There is a card on page 17 of the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog that I just fell in love with. Since I already had the Extra Large Bird Punch out for a project this morning, I decided to do a catalog CASE.

I tried the bird in the Baja, but just didn't like it with the Crumb Cake. The Poppy just popped and was a better choice! I don't know if you can see it or not, but I used Poppy ink to stamp the square with the flowers from the For All You Do set on Poppy card stock. I repeated the process with the polka dot square. The bird is punched from the flower and the wing from the polka dot. The leaves are from Crumb Cake. I used the Sahara Sand marker to draw some veins in the leaves using a very light touch.

I wanted something a bit smaller for the pattern on the base card so I used the Watercolor Trio set for that. It is stamped with Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake.

The bird is mounted on a 2 1/2" x 3 1/4" piece of Whisper White. I used the Scallop Trim Corner punch and the Mat Pack and Paper Piercer to dress it up. I also sponged Baja Breeze ink around the edges with a sponge dauber. The mat is a 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of Poppy Parade.

To add some balance to the bottom of the card, I used one of my new Itty Bitty Shapes punches to punch flowers out of the stamped Baja & Poppy scraps. I wanted them to look like buttons without the bulk so I smacked the stamped scraps with the VersaMark pad and clear embossed them before I punched. I punched holes and threaded some embroidery floss through, but I didn't like that. I like the tiny rhinestone on each flower better. Another rhinestone makes the bird's eye.

Card Recipe
Stamps: For all You Do, Watercolor Trio
Ink: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze
Paper: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Acc.: Extra Large Bird Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Rhinestones, Sahara Sand SU Marker

Hope this little bird brightens you day a bit and that it inspires you to stamp!

With inky fingers,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

This is really lovely, Bonnie!! Sounds like you had a super morning stamping with the ladies, too :)