Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Glitter, Glitter Everywhere

I love the look of glitter and obviously I have some glitter. But somehow when I use it, I have glitter everywhere. I have sparkles where there shouldn't ever be sparkles!

But I just had to try the Technique Lovers Challenge this week. It is to do a card with Sparkly Stained Glass.

From my mistakes I learned that you need to use an outline stamp to do this. Otherwise the glitter doesn't show up. And you need to leave plenty of acetate around the design or else you have trouble mounting it straight. Hence the off center flower here. There is a tutorial on the challenge site. Just click above to get there.

I think it's really kind of pretty and worth the effort.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Autumn Leaf Prints (Retired)
Ink: Black StazOn, Crumb Cake
Paper: Crumb Cake, Naturals White, Acetate
Acc.: Fine Supernova Glitter, Crystal Effects, White Taffeta Ribbon, Nestabilities Labels 3

I died the ribbon by dragging it through the Crumb Cake ink pad pressing it down with my pot scraper. It looked horrible and I thought I had ruined a piece of ribbon, but when I went back later, it had dried and looked great. I'm going to try to dye some more!

That's all for today. I hope you have enjoyed your visit. Do come back soon.
Bonnie


No comments: