Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Chickens Got It!

First of all, I want to clarify, I am not an artist! But this card was so much fun! It's for the Teapot Tuesday Challenge on SCS. Cindy always has a zany story to go with the teapot and this week was no different. The Destination Station this week is for a young girl who has had disk surgery and has suffered through a long and difficult recovery. She loves Molly Brown of the Unsinkable Molly Brown.

I love Molly Brown too. I have watched that movie The Unsinkable Molly Brown many times. Molly loved big hats, so I thought of a card I saw in a magazine a couple of years ago that used flowers for hats with a doodled face. I used punches instead of flowers for the hat and doodled the face. Remember, I am not an artist!
Mothermark's story involved chickens. Evidently Molly's husband raised chickens and we are supposed to help get rid of those chickens on the way to the tea party.

All I can say is that we had a wonderful chicken casserole last night and Molly is sporting feathers on her hat! Pfoof! Guess I can go in the tea party through the front door!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Because I Care, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Naturals White, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink Textured, Pretty in Pink DSP

Acc.: Scallop Border Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, Big Shot, Ovals dies, Graphite Paper, SU Markers, Pearls, White Taffeta Ribbon, Feathers

The hat is the small and large oval from the Ovals die cut with the BIG GUY. I cut the large one in a crescent shape for the brim of the hat.

Read up on Molly Brown. She was a really interesting person!

Hope you get a chuckle out of this card.
Bonnie

No comments: