Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Band of Flowers

Hi folks. Just a quick post tonight. Still haven't been able to get to my stamping stuff so here's a card that I made a while back.

I saw a picture of a flower arrangement in a magazine last spring. The vase was a beautiful painted pottery jug. These were the colors of the jug. I'm really not good at taking something like this and using it as inspiration for a card. I guess I just need to do it more often.

The card base was Yo Yo Yellow. Now I would use Daffodil Delight. I ran it through the BIG GUY with the Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate to emboss it.

The punched band is 2 3/8" x 5 1/2" and punched on each side with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. The design piece is 1 3/4" x 5 1/2". The center image is from Wings of Friendship (a hostess set from last year). The filigrees, from the Vintage Vogue set, were inked with markers.

It didn't look much like the vase. But it is clean and bright.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Wings of Friendship

Ink: Not Quite Navy, Garden Green & Summer Sun SU Markers
Paper: Yo Yo Yellow, Whisper White
Acc.: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Big Shot, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate

I hope you had a day as bright as this card.
Bonnie

No comments: