Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Have New Toys

I love my old toys, but it's so much more exciting to play with new toys don't ya think?

I used the Friends Never Fade stamp set that opened today. It's on p. 99 of the new Idea Book & Catalog. I just love this little flower! It's a clear mount set. I really love being able to see where I am stamping.

The embossing folder is new too. Mr. Brown brought it today. I love how it has such a deep embossing! It's called Elegant Lines and it's on p. 214.

I also used new colors. The base card is Pear Pizzazz. I used the Daffodil Delight ink pad and made direct to paper squiggles on a 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Whisper White. I laid a piece of Daffodil Delight 1/4" grosgrain ribbon over that and matted it on a piece of 1 3/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Concord Crush.

I inked the flower with Concord Crush and stamped off, then inked the stems & leaves in Pear Pizzazz. This was stamped on the medium oval from the Ovals Original Dies. I cut two large ovals, one from Daffodil & one from Concord. I had to trim the Daffodil one down a bit to get the look I wanted.

I finished off the card with 3 dew drops (non SU).

These are the colors for the SCS Color Challenge this week. Dew Drops were the dessert.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Friends Never Fade

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight
Acc.: Concord Crush & Pear Pizzazz SU Markers, Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Ovals Originals die, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon, Dew Drops

This was quick and easy and one of my favorite layouts. I'm sure you recognize it. I love it on this new embossing folder and stamp set! What fun!

Hope you had fun today.
Bonnie

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

New toys are fun! Beautiful card - love that bit of bling. :)

Colleen said...

Bonnie,
Thanks for stoppping by my blog and commenting on my one layer card. I'm sure glad we can laugh at ourselves.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, oh how pretty! You did a great job with the color challenge at SCS. I don't have the official really new colors yet, so if I play I shall have to improvise. I like the softness of your card. And I am ordering that embossing folder and can't wait to play with it too!