Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Don't Look Kelli

Hello fellow stampers. Today's card uses all Stampin' Up! products but most of them are retired! There are challenges everyday this week for SCS fan club members. One of the challenges is to take out something old and show it some love. I've had this stamp set for at least 3 years and I am ashamed to say I had never used it! I wouldn't sell it, because I love it. I'm so glad I had a good reason to pull it out! By the way, it's called In Full Bloom.

When I finished this card, I wanted to use it more. But that UFO box is still sitting there and it needs attention really bad. Oh my, what's a girl to do?

I used the colors for today's SCS Color Challenge to use Regal Rose, Old Olive & Peach Parfait. Dessert was to pop something up. I was afraid that these colors would be too BRIGHT! Actually, I love them together.

I made my own faux DSP (another challenge) by stamping the border stamp in this set in all 3 colors. That piece is 5 1/4" x 4". The Regal Rose behind it is 5 3/8" x 4 1/8". The card is Old Olive cut in half the long way to make a tent card. Then I turned it on it's side. (Am I the only one that has problems with the landscape cards not standing up?)

For the design piece, I stamped the middle flower first in Peach Parfait (new In Color) and made a mask on a sticky note. I laid the mask on the stamped flower and stamped the other two in Regal Rose then I used a blender pen and the ink pads to paint them. The leaves & stems are stamped and painted in Old Olive.

The little dots around the flowers are part of the stamp. That's one of the things I really like about this stamp set.

I tried to dot the path of the bee in the top right hand corner. I wish I hadn't. I think I will try to cover it up with the White Gel Pen!

The bees are stamped with Black StazOn and painted with Peach Parfait & Basic Black. I did little dots with the gel pen for eyes. They're in a weird place! I think I'll have to fix them too. I used Diamond Dust on the wings and put a bit in the center of the flowers. One of the challenges was to use glitter. I'm not usually a glittery kind of gal but once in a while a little sparkle is fun!

Kelli's Birthday is coming up. This will be her Birthday card, after I fix all the annoying little problems. I hope she will like it.

I hope you like it too. Thank you for stopping by and for all the wonderful comments and tips you have been leaving. I so enjoy sharing with you and checking out all your blogs too. You can see a list of all the blogs I subscribe to under my profile. It seems like every week I add a couple more. There are some very talented people out there!

Happy Stampin',
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

I think it's beautiful and am sure she will love it! So sorry I missed yours ... a happy belated birthday to you, Bonnie! I hope you had a wonderful day. :)