Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Touch of Nature

Hello again. I hope I'm not overdoing it today. I'll probably get behind again tomorrow. Oh, well! That's life!

I did this card today for the CAS challenge this week. It is a sketch challenge of a card by ravengirl. You can see the card here.

I used the Top Note Die and the BIG GUY for the white layer then used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to add the texture.

The flower is another from my UFO box that I had stamped ages ago. I think I used Brilliant Blue ink to stamp it so I used a Brilliant Blue scallop circle and card base.

The sentiment is stamped on a 1" strip of Whisper White layered on a 1 1/4" strip of Brilliant Blue. I stamped the sentiment in Brilliant Blue and used the Scallop Trim Corner punch on the ends. The flower is popped up on a dimensional.

I love this stamp set. Even though it is retired, I keep it. Now that I've used all the elements I had stamped from it, I may need to get it out and stamp some more. But not until I clean out my box!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Touch of Nature, Watercolor Trio
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Acc.: Scallop Trim Corner & 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punches, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Square Lattice EF, Yellow Brad

This is really all for today. Maybe I'll go see what else I can find in my box.

Happy Stampin',
Bonnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. I love that embossing folder so much! It looks wonderful as the Top Note Die.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yay! You used Touch of Nature again! It ALWAYS looks beautiful, and therefore you should never, ever get rid of that set.

Doesn't it feel good to use up some Brilliant Blue too? Poor retired color that it is!