Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Monday

Wow! I actually got the CAS challenge done on Monday! Seems like it has been crazy around here lately. Today was a good day and I actually got a chance to think and stamp!


The CAS challenge this week is to do a "Shabby Chic" card. There is a Techniques Lover's Challenge on Monday too and it is to make a card with a shadowbox style frame.

This is what I came up with. I love the soft pinks of some of the "Shabby Chic" stuff so I chose Blush Blossom for the card base. This is one of the colors that we will have to say good-by to very soon. It's been one of my favorites. Maybe there will be an In Color that will be close? Hope so!


For my shadow box frame, I cut 2 pieces of naturals white 3" x 3 1/2". On one piece I used my cutting board to cut a 2" x 2 1/2" hole in the center. (Boy did that make me nervous! I'm relieved to say that I did it on the first try!) Then to add a little more pressure, I scored it, also using my cutting board and a stylus. I made a boo boo so I have 2 scores on each side. I actually would not have tried for 2 under any other circumstance. To give the frame a shabby look, I sponged a little Going Gray ink along the score lines. Dimensionals make the frame stand out from the picture.

The rosebud is from a retired set called Wild Rose. I pulled it out my Someday Box of stamped pieces that are waiting to find a home. I honestly don't remember what ink I used. The leaves and stem look like Certainly Celery and the rose is maybe Regal Rose?

I used the Eyelet Border Punch on the edge and punched a strip on Naturals White to add another row of eyelets. The Dotted Swiss ribbon was in my ribbon drawer. Again, I have no idea where it came from.

Not only did I get 2 challenges in one, but I found a home for a Someday stamped piece! Now I need to find homes for the yellow ones!

Hope you enjoyed your Monday and that you get to stamp a little bit.
Bonnie

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Bonnie. I just saw in Stampin'Success, there is a new In color called Peach Parfait....a little darker than BB, but peachy all the same! :D