Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Double Daisy Challenge

Hello Stampin' Friends. Today's card is for the Color Challenge which has been combined with Mother Marks Teapot Tuesday Challenge. The colors this week are Old Olive, Barely Banana & Ballet Blue with Red embellishment for dessert. The Teapot Challenge is to put daisies on the card.

I thought about the wildflowers near my Dad's house that look like blue daisies and thought I would try to make one. Needless to say, only God can make a flower. This pales in comparison to the real thing.
I used the Flower Daisies #2 Bigz Die and the BIG GUY to punch 2 of the small flowers from the Ballet Blue card stock. The leaves are cut with the SU Little Leaves Sizzlit. I stamped the sentiment crooked as usual... so I stamped it again and punched it with the word window punch and covered up my boo boo.

The white piece is cut from the SU Top Note Bigz Die and I used the color spritzer with a Rose Red marker to speckle the background a bit.

The ladybug (my dessert), was punched with a regular paper punch. You know the kind you pick up anywhere. I punched one circle in red & one in black. I put the dots on the red with my Basic Black marker and used a glue dot to stick the two together. You can see it better on the close up below.
I used the Frost White Shimmer paint that is still available as a catalog write in to add a little shimmer to the daisy.

This will go out to a fellow stamper that has to have surgery that will keep her from stamping for a bit. Can you imagine how hard that will be? I hope she will have a speedy recovery.

Hope everything comes up daisies for you today, tomorrow too.
Bonnie



No comments: