Friday, March 12, 2010

Ye Olde Garden Shoppe

Hello Stampin' Friends,

I had some leftover pieces from the last card and some stamps out that I was going to use, but didn't. Sooo, I played a bit last night. I love the Bella's Bloom stamp set and I have barely wet the rubber! I meant to stamp a few flowers, but got carried away and decided if a few was good, a lot was better. I used the leaves on the sentiment as well as a stamp from a retired set, Watercolor Minis for the greenery at the bottom. I cut around the top of the flowers and put some dimensionals in the middle to lift it out a bit. Then I trimmed a piece of the Bashful Blue DSP that I had "quilted" with the Big Guy and punched it with that oh so popular Scallop Trim Border Punch (still free with a $50.00 purchase). I thought it looked like a store canopy and the Shoppe was born! The bloom sentiment is from another stamp set, Bloomin' Beautiful. (I always thought that Bloom would be a great name for a flower shop.) The butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, p. 24, in the Occasions Mini Catalog.


Card Recipe
Stamps: Bella's Bloom, Bloomin' Beautiful, Watercolor Minis
Paper: Melon Mambo Textured, Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue
Ink: Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery
Acc.: Scallop Trim Border & Scallop Trim Corner punches, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit die, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Dimensionals

I had fun with this one. I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Don't forget to get inky this weekend.

Hugs,
Bonnie

No comments: