Thursday, March 25, 2010

Plum Posies

I was playing with the plum colors and had seen a card using this stamp set and the Ornament Punch (still available by the way, item # 116794, $15.95).


I punched the ornament out of Vellum and flattened the bottom with my trusty scissors. I stamped the little flower from the Eastern Blooms set on the vellum vase with Whisper White and set it aside to dry. (I could have used my heat tool for faster drying but sometimes interruptions work to my benefit, LOL!) The branch is stamped with Whisper White on the Perfect Plum. The stems are outlined with a Mellow Moss marker and the centers colored with a Pale Plum Marker. I used some Vellum Adhesive (non SU) and found out that I needed to cover the bottom of the "vase" to look like water. The card base is Textured Perfect Plum with a pale Plum mat.

This is a very quick and easy card. The other flowers in this set are also beautiful.

I'm off to do some more stampin'. I need to photograph some cards I made yesterday too.

I appreciate your stopping by. Come again soon.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sandi MacIver said...

wow, what a great idea and I love the color combo, very "fresh", I'll be casing this for sure, thank you so much for sharing