Sunday, January 10, 2010

Valentine in Bermuda

I've made a lot of cards this week but somehow just don't seem to have enough time to both make and post. I've had lots of giggles and hugs from that adorable almost 2 yr. old and got to spend time with all of my daughters and some of Kelli's friends to boot. I've been reading a great book too. I'll share that with you when I finish it.

Here is another card for the CAS Valentine challenge. I've made Valentines in traditional colors too but thought I'd be daring and try something different. The Movers & Shapers die came out of the package and went to work for me. I love that you can cut a design out of the front of a card. A punch just won't quite work for that. The piece that is cut out is just a little bigger than the punch so you can use it as a mat for a punched piece. I'll show you that tomorrow. The actual punced piece is on the inside of the card popped up on dimensionals.



Card Recipe

Stamps: For All You Do, Short & Sweet, Vintage Labels (Sale-A-Bration)

Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red

Ink: Basic Black

Acc: Big Shot, Movers & Shapers Die, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Curly Label Punch, Word Window Punch
Heart to Heart Punch


By the way, the Vintage Labels set is clear mount. I didn't even have to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the border around the sentiment. On second look, maybe I should have. oops! Hope you like it anyway.

Blessings,

Bonnie

1 comment:

Joanne Gilch said...

I know what you mean about posting and creating cards. i need to find a balance so that I can accomplish both AND leave comments on fabulous blogs like yours. Perhaps, when my eyes open at 5 AM I need to get up and not think about going back to sleep. It's just been so cold and cuddling for warmth and staying in bed is good, too!