Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers

Remember last week Ruthann & I stamped together and made some sympathy cards? Well here's two more.

First Ruthann made one like this.

And I did one like this.

Then I made one like hers and she made one like mine. I'll let you in on a secret. I made a boo boo on mine. That's why it has that little oval with the sentiment.
Ruthann's Card Recipe
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Going Gray

Isn't it lovely? I love the clean and simple design and the Going Gray is a beautiful color.

My Card Recipe
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Naturals White, Old Olive
Ink: Close to Cocoa & Old Olive Stampin' Markers
Acc: Large Oval & Scallop Oval Punches.

Note this stamp set is double mounted. You get 1 block for 2 stamps. One stamp is mounted on the top of the block and the other on the bottom. Most of us aren't crazy about this arrangement. I raided Luke's blocks and found some in sizes that worked to mount the stamps. Then I cut the pictures of the stamps out of an old (extra) catalog and mounted it on the top of the block. (You could make a photocopy of the page if you don't have an extra catalog laying around.) Some clear packing tape over the picture will protect it from inky fingers. It would be wonderful if Stampin' Up! did this set in the clear mount stamps. It has such nice sentiments as well as the two beautiful graphics and the clear mount stamps make it easy to place exactly where you want it.

I hope we don't need to send these cards for a long time.

Tell somone you love them today.

Bonnie

No comments: